Charlie Sheen News & Update: 'Two And A Half Men' Star Under Criminal Investigation by LAPD
Charlie Sheen is once again in the middle of a big controversy. After the former "Two and A Half Men" star's issues with alcoholism, drug abuse, marital problems and HIV, the LAPD has now opened a criminal investigation against the "Platoon" actor.
Charlie Sheen Put Out A $20k Hit On Ex-Fiancee Brett Rossi: Wanted Her Killed — Report https://t.co/b2Wn3G0lkZ
— Hollywood News (@HollywoodNewsA1) April 6, 2016
Charlie Sheen, 50, is under investigation for allegedly threatening his 26-year-old ex-fiancée Scottine Ross, USA Today reports. LAPD officer and spokesman Matthew Ludwig offered the media very few details but commented that the criminal investigation is still ongoing.
The spokesman also noted that the LAPD Van Nuys division opened the case against Charlie Sheen and its results were turned over to the LAPD Threat Management division -- who are continuing the criminal investigation. David Ring, Scottine Ross' attorney, told USA Today that his client requested a protective order against Charlie Sheen last week.
Charlie Sheen is under investigation for allegedly making threats against Brett Rossi. https://t.co/54OckkyNXN pic.twitter.com/uBVm3tRetM — EntertainmentTonight (@etnow) April 6, 2016
What is probably the biggest evidence against Charlie Sheen is an audio tape of the "Two and a Half Men" star speaking to an unknown person on the phone while making threats against Scottine Ross. "I know the context, and there are things he said on the tape that only he would know because we were in settlement talks at the time (over the lawsuit)," Ring explained to USA Today.
Charlie Sheen's former fiancée was an actress who appears in adult films under the screen name Brett Rossi. Scottine Ross and the "Two and a Half Men" star were engaged for several months before calling it off. Charlie Sheen told the Hollywood Reporter in 2014 that he ended his relationship with Rossi in order to focus more on his children.