"Attack on Titan" Season 2, the highly anticipated anime series, has supposedly been marred by release delays. Fans have been waiting for a follow up since the show aired its Season 1 episodes in 2014. Will the second season be the final season?
There were speculations that the series has started its production to target a mid-2016 premiere date, but there were apparently snags to completing "Attack on Titan" Season 2. Several news outlets reported that it was because the show ran out of material from the manga. Director Tetsuro Araki and writer Hajime Isayama did not confirm the rumors, but "Attack on Titan" Season 2 came out with a press release confirming its 2016 premiere. No specific date was cited.
Anime fans loved the first installment of "Attack on Titan" since it faithfully followed the stories from the manga. The follow-up had at least four story arcs, which the production intended to do in the TV series. However, only two of these story arcs have been released in the comics and this is why rumors cropped up that the show's completion was delayed.
Meanwhile, based on the completed manga, it looks like "Attack on Titan" is heading for a fitting finale as one of its story arcs involved the toppling of the regime - the very enemy the townsfolk have been fighting. Below is a roundup of the top five spoilers for "Attack of Titan" Season 2:
1) Levi Ackerman will die. The character was a central figure in Season 1 because he protected his squad, but according to fan discussions on Manga Helpers, he will ultimately meet his death in Season 2. It's supposed to be written in chapter 73 of the manga.
2) Titans among squad members. Some of the characters will be revealed as titans walking among the humans. These include Ymir, Bertolt and Reiner Braun. The last two were actually the titans who breached the wall protecting the city.
3) Titan on steroids. There will be a super titan and its describe as more beastly than existing titans. This is different from the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan, who were determined as Bertolt and Reiner Braun.
4) Survey Cops to the rescue. Commander Erwin Smith will come to the aid of Eren who will be abducted by Ymir, Bertolt and Reiner Braun. Eren will come up with a modified weapon called the Rogue Titan against the enemies and will do so successfully.
5) Reiss Family is the real Royal Family. After Commander Smith successfully topples the regime, it will be revealed that the royal family in "Attack of Titan" Season 2 are actually a bunch of fakers. The real royals are the Reiss, but they do not have the ability to become titans.
© 2021 ParentHerald.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.