5 Family Activities to Maximize Fun in the Last Weeks of Summer
Summer is fleeting and autumn is setting in. Parents can make the most of the warm weather that remains, with these five activities that are fun for all ages and will help create lasting memories.
1. Take in a variety of wildlife at the zoo. You don't have to be a child to marvel at the awe-inspiring beauty of our world's wildlife. A free kid's pass to locally accredited AZA zoos or aquariums can be found on specially-marked bags of Frito-Lay 2 Go Variety Packs. Find your closest facility here!
2. Go kayaking and plan a picnic by the water. Kayaking is a fun, active adventure for everyone! Pack a lunch of sandwiches and your favorite chips to refuel so you can extend your time by the water with a family picnic.
3. Spend a night star gazing to look for constellations. First learn about various constellations and have everyone in the family select their favorite one, then lay out a blanket in your backyard for a night of star gazing.
4. Stop by the local animal shelter to take friendly pups on a walk. Schedule a family trip to your local animal shelter to spend the afternoon walking dogs, playing with cats and more!
5. Pick your own apples before baking a mouth-watering pie. A delicious destination, apple orchards often offer a wide range of family fun activities, such as hay rides and petting zoos. Continue the family time at home by baking a tasty apple pie!
Hectic fall schedules and cooler temperatures will be here before you know it, so take advantage of the time you have now to go on a family adventure and create fun-filled memories.