E-Cigarette Explosion At Hogwarts Express Caused Burns To A 14-Year Old Girl: Awareness for the Device’s Danger Raised

By Collie Lane, Parent Herald October 03, 06:15 am

A 14-year-old girl from Tennessee girl was rushed to the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children because of burns on her face, arm and leg after a man's e-cigarrette exploded from his pocket. The incident happened at the Hogwarts Express train ride at Universal Orlando Saturday, Oct. 1.

"It wasn't a big explosion but was definitely enough to scare everyone who was in that cab of the train... It was just a weird, freak accident that unfortunately caused injuries to two people," police Lt. Dan Brady told the Orlando Sentinel. Aside from the injuries on both the teen and the man, there was no other significant damage except that small burn hole in the train seat.

Millions of people in the world use e-cigarettes for some reasons like getting a healthier life by getting rid of the normal cigarettes. Nonetheless, because of the many incidents of malfunctioning, e-cigarettes capacity to help is being questioned. Many are now scared of having these electronic sticks to catch fire and explode. The worse thing is, even the non-users are becoming more inclined to troubles.

E-cigarette users should be responsible with utilizing their sticks, according to IEC. They said that users need to follow eight easy steps to protect oneself from possible explosion. The steps are as follows:

  • Buying made in America e-cigarrettes
  • Knowing the Brand better
  • Reading the instructions
  • Avoiding to hold too long or chain vaping
  • Keeping it away from water
  • Using the correct charger
  • Clearing the clutter around the charging area
  • Not leaving the charging for long

In spite of the potential danger, e-cigarettes remain unregulated. "About 2.4 million middle and high school students were current (past 30-day) users of electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes in 2014," CDC reports. When it comes to exposure, CDC's figures show that more than 1 in 2 middle and high school youth were exposed to e-cigarette ads in retail stores and around 2 in 5 middle and high school youth saw e-cigarette ads online. The youths are in danger of using this interesting product some time soon. And the more users there are, the more troubles are expected.

See Now: 35 Things New Moms Should Know About Breastfeeding

© 2018 ParentHerald.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Real Time Analytics